Important, new info from September 9.
On September 9. 2021, there were three positive Covid-19-tests in Åfjord. We ask all inhabitants to make a corona-test at the doctor's office, if you have symptoms of corona. On Friday 10., you can visit the office and have a test without appointment. The entrance is at the back of the building. If you have questions, you can call telephone 948 31 351.
Here you can read more about symptoms
The doctor's office:
Important to know, general information
- If you feel unwell, you should stay at home.
- Anyone who shows symptoms of what could be a coronavirus infection should get tested. Call the doctor's office at telephone 72 53 02 00. You can call between 9 am and 3 pm on weekdays. Do not visit the doctor's office without an appointment.
- If you need urgent health assistance, call 116 117. In case of life-threatening illness or injury, call 113.
- There is at the moment no recommendations to use face masks, in situations where it is difficult to keep a distance of 1 meter from other people. The municipality of Åfjord follows national recommendations on this matter. PS: If you visit from a municipality which has this recommendation (you live there), this applies also in Åfjord.
- Updated June 20. 2021: You should not have more than 20 guests at home. Protected people (Lovdata) are not included in the maximum number of guests in private homes, but it must still be possible to keep a distance between unprotected people (Lovdata). For information in english about protected people, see below for link to new rules and recommandations.
- International travel is not advised. Strictly necessary travel is permitted. Read here about the plan for reopening and future safe travels
- Domestic travel is permitted. Unprotected people should take extra care and plan the trip in such a way as to prevent spread of infection. This is particularly important for people who travel from areas with a high rate of infection.
- People who travel to municipalities with less strict measures should follow the recommendations that apply in the municipality in which they usually reside. This does not apply to people who are protected.
More about the rules:
Norway is connecting to the EU digital covid certificate
Watch the press conference from June 23. here
Are you unsure about the rules, call us at telephone 948 31 351, between 08.00 and 15.00 on weekdays.
Travel to Norway
Home quarantine and home isolation
Information in english and other languages
Quarantine hotels (updated May 14.)
A quick guide about the vaccine: English (PDF, 410 kB)
The municipality will contact each person above 18 years of age, who stay long-term in Åfjord, to make appointment to get vaccinated. We will do this by telephone. You should not contact the municipality, to make an appointment.
When you will have vaccine, depends among other things on the availability of the vaccines. This can change on short notice. The vaccine is also given in a specific order to priority target groups. We don't know how long the waiting time will be. Wait until the municipality contacts you. We will give more specific information then.
The inhabitants in Åfjord do not get vaccines with the AstraZeneca vaccine, which has been suspended. We neither offer the Johnson vaccine.
If you have questions regarding your own health conditions, contact your doctor.
Åfjord kommune's information in other languages on home page
Translate Åfjord kommune's information: You'll find the Google translate-link to the right, if you're on a computer (press the flag).
If you are on a mobile: Scroll to the bottom of the page. Find the menu "Enkel meny". Choose "Translate" and choose your language.
Do you have questions regarding the corona situation?
Professional health care staff answer your questions every weekday. Our local corona phone number can be reached on number 948 31 351. It is available weekdays from 08 am to 3 pm.
For more serious health care inquiries, contact the doctor's office on phone number 72 53 02 00. It is open on weekdays from 08.30 am to 3.30 pm. Outside of the opening hours, you can call number 116117.
General information in english
Video with general advise and information: